MNLF disowns Davao theater blasts

Subscribe Now September 17, 2013 at 09:50am

The Moro National Liberation Front quickly disowned the blasts that rocked two mall moviehouses in Davao City Monday night.

MNLF Davao chairman Rolando Olamit went to one of the malls where Monday night's blasts occurred to show the MNLF was not involved, radio dzBB's Raul Tolibas reported Tuesday.

Olamit said he went there lest authorities suspect the MNLF of involvement, the dzBB report added.

Shortly after the crisis involving a standoff between government and MNLF forces in Zamboanga City broke out last week, Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte had talked to MNLF leaders in the area and stressed he does not want trouble.

As of early Tuesday, the dzBB report said police are still determining the type of explosive used in Monday night's moviehouse blasts.

Initial investigation showed the first explosion occurred at a moviehouse in the SM mall at 9:03 p.m.

The second occurred at the Gaisano Mall at 9:25 p.m.

While no one was wounded, five people were brought to a hospital after experiencing pain in their ears due to the loud explosion.

Source: gmanetwork.com



« Blasts hit Davao City malls Davao City received threats before mall blasts »