2 City Hall workers booted for 'corruption'

Subscribe Now September 17, 2013 at 06:11pm

AT LEAST two job order employees of the City Government of Davao were terminated from service for "corruption", said city administrator Malchor Quitain.

In his speech during Monday’s flag ceremony, Quitain said he ordered for the termination of the two. However, he refused to name them and the departments they were assigned. He also did not mention what form of corruption the two committed.

He just said that he has heard a lot of reports about the two even he was still in the City Council.

“Reports have been reaching me about this not too good work being done in these offices,” Quitain said.

“I am not saying that there is corruption in this office, what I am saying is there is a need for us to make some changes because if we will not change in the manner you work, then it is you that we will change,” he said.

Quitain said he “cannot afford to be too lenient” in terms of reports that linked to corruption since before Duterte left for South Korea for an official business, the city mayor instructed him to iron out issues in the City Government, particularly corruption.

During the Kapehan sa Davao forum at SM City Davao, Riola said some city employees cannot account for at least P12 million of government funds. He said, a recent audit showed several receipts had discrepancies. He still have to show the full report to the public.

Last week, Quitain also said that he learned about the activities of the employees who do nothing but punch in and out for work, but are nowhere to be found in between.

"Nawawala mga empleyado eh, but this needs to be investigated," Quitain said on Wednesday, September 11.

He said the reports has reached his office and are found to be alarming that he “cannot sweep it under the rug.”

“The primary and priority work that I have to do is to stop corruption in the city,” Quitain said Monday. “So many instructions but the priority is to stop corruption.”

Source: sunstar.com.ph

« Davao City on lockdown after mall bombings Davao establishments ordered to tighten security or lose business permits »