P1B set for Davao underground cable project phase 2
Subscribe Now October 09, 2018 at 07:59pm
DLPC President Jaime Jose Y. Aboitiz said the company, in partnership with the city government and other utilities, have already started implementation. “Our immediate goal is to transfer some six circuit kilometers of overhead lines underground from CM Recto Street up to Quirino Avenue,” said Mr. Aboitiz. Mayor Sara Z. Duterte-Carpio, in her state of the city address last week, said the phase 2 is expected to be completed in June 2019. In 2014, the late councilor Leonardo R. Avila III pushed for transfer of cables underground. Phase 1 was completed last year, covering the downtown area around the city government buildings.
Early last year, the city government passed an ordinance that mandated utilities to place all cables underground. Under the ordinance, non-compliant companies will face a fine.
« 2 new international routes opening in Davao City Davao police chief assures no extremist group recruitment in region »