Davao remains peaceful, says PRO-11 officer

Subscribe Now December 29, 2010 at 05:56pm

The recent Christmas Celebration had been relatively peaceful in Davao Region, according to Supt. Queruben Manalang Jr., spokesperson of the Police Regional Office 11 (PRO-11). Manalang disclosed that no one was reported injured during the Christmas revelry even in the provinces outside this city which has a strict ordinance against the transport, sale, and use of pyrotechnic wares.

Manalang said despite the strict policy on firecrackers, members of the Sta. Ana Police Precinct confiscated some P100,000 worth of firecrackers being loaded at the Sta. Ana Wharf during the eve of Christmas.

“Just obey the law so that we will have a more blissful celebration,” he said.

Manalang assured that police visibility will be observed in areas of convergence to avoid incidents like petty crimes and terrorist acts.

He said the police will strictly impose the firecracker ban in the city.

Manalang said police personnel have strict orders not to fire their guns during the revelry.

“We have sealed our guns to ensure that this order is complied with,” he said.

Manalang said the service firearms will be unsealed on January 3, during a regular inspection to check on any violator in line with the program, “Iwas-paputok, Iwas disgrasya.”

Meanwhile, the military observed that the Yuletide ceasefire is holding despite the allegation of the rebels citing violations committed by the soldiers.

Lt. Colonel Medel Aguilar, spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division (ID) based at Camp Panacan maintained that the military remains compliant of the ceasefire.

Source: mb.com.ph



« D.O.H.: Be kind to your heart Aboitiz Power to expand output in 2011 »